A Weekend Funny: My Living Will

by Kelly on August 30, 2008 · 22 comments

in Humour

living-will-post.JPG

“Last night my friend and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, “I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.”

So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

She’s such a bitch.

———————————————–

Have a good weekend everyone.

Kelly x

Photo by metrognome0

1 Mike Goad 08.30.08 at 5:58 pm

OK. That’s funny.

It took me a minute, though!

Mike Goad’s last blog post..Life expectancy — 5 years.

2 Jay 08.30.08 at 7:25 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! That’s hilarious! Good one – love the picture, too!

Jay’s last blog post..If I get run over by a truck …

3 Al at 7P 08.31.08 at 12:15 am

Turning off the computer made me laugh. Throwing away the wine made me cry!

Al at 7P’s last blog post..The Criminally-Minded Approach for Achieving Goals

4 Marelisa 08.31.08 at 1:04 am

That’s funny! Have a great weekend Kelly :-)

Marelisa’s last blog post..How to Create a Swipe File to Jump Start Your Creativity

5 Vered 08.31.08 at 4:07 am

Thanks for the laugh. :)

Have a good weekend (3-day weekend here at the U.S. YAY)

Vered’s last blog post..Will You Tell Me A Little Bit About Yourself?

6 Rita 08.31.08 at 8:48 am

Very cute! Your friend has a great sense of humor!

Rita

Rita’s last blog post..Contest Time: Blogging for Prophet – a Quiz

7 Chris 08.31.08 at 10:18 am

I timely laugh. Thanks Kel. Unplugging the computer I can understand, throwing out the vino, man not cool…LOL

Chris’s last blog post..The Perfect Storm, Part 4

8 Kelly 08.31.08 at 11:52 am

Hi guys

Yes, I liked it too. Though I think I might sock any friend who dared to throw my wine away!

9 Cath Lawson 08.31.08 at 12:01 pm

Kelly – I’m wetting myself laughing here. Have a good weekend with plenty of fluids and machines.

Cath Lawson’s last blog post..The Power Of Blogging For Business Without A Business

10 Bamboo Forest 09.01.08 at 3:15 am

Took me a while to get – funny. Creative.

Bamboo Forest’s last blog post..How to Make a Better Future for Yourself

11 sharon 09.01.08 at 5:46 am

Well you got what you asked for gal. I like your blog title by the way: She Power!

12 Tim Brownson 09.01.08 at 1:28 pm

ROTFLMAO – That is hilarious! In a Zen, ironic kinda way of course 😉

Tim Brownson’s last blog post..Forgive Me, For I Have Sinned

13 Roz Mitchell 09.01.08 at 3:27 pm

Yes Kelly very cute ………..but the veno ……….very quick witted your friend like it.

14 Evelyn Lim 09.01.08 at 3:46 pm

Hey! This joke must be making its rounds. I received it sometime last week from a friend and I’m from Singapore. It’s so funny!

Evelyn Lim’s last blog post..68 Seconds Of Pure Thought: Visualize In 4 Creative Ways

15 Jenna 09.01.08 at 3:59 pm

A funny joke! I would have laughed at it, too. Your friend has a sense of humor.

Jenna’s last blog post..Plans for the Weekend

16 Barbara Swafford 09.01.08 at 5:13 pm

You got me on that one. I was ready for a serious post, read what you wrote, and read what you wrote again. THEN I realized it was a joke. Too funny!

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..Plugins, Questions and Open Mic

17 MizFit 09.01.08 at 9:17 pm

first time visitor

first time caller

HILARIOUS.

MizFit’s last blog post..Labor(ing? less?) Day Monday.

18 Tom Volkar / Delightful Work 09.01.08 at 9:52 pm

Is the “she’s such a bitch” part of the joke or did you add this yourself? Thanks for this it made me smile.

My Dad passed less than two years ago and I had a little piece of scratch paper with his living will. It said, “Tom, pull the plug.” Dad

Tom Volkar / Delightful Work’s last blog post..Time to Walk Away?

19 Kelly 09.01.08 at 11:27 pm

@Sharon, Jenna and Mizfit
Glad you liked the joke and thanks for commenting. Hope to see you here again :)

@Tom
Sorry to hear about your dad. I feel the same way as him though. If it comes down to it, no plugs for me.

20 Lance 09.02.08 at 12:40 pm

…but she’s a funny bitch!

Lance’s last blog post..Sunday Thought For The Day

21 Hunter Nuttall 09.03.08 at 6:36 am

Hilarious!

But is this a true story? I’m just thinking that if I were going to unplug someone’s computer, I’d save all their work, close every application, maybe install any Windows updates while I was at it, shut it down, then unplug it. They’d probably stop me long before I got to their wine!

Hunter Nuttall’s last blog post..Akashic Record Reading With Akemi Gaines, Part 1

22 kailani 09.04.08 at 1:46 pm

That is just too funny!

kailani’s last blog post..The Women Behind “The Women”