Sometimes Life Is Just More Fun Than Blogging

by Kelly on October 19, 2008 · 18 comments

in Creativity. Writing. Blogging,Life. People. News,Parenting. Relationships

life-is-better-than-blogging.jpg

Hi guys, I know my posting is slow at the moment. I’ve been in birthday celebrations for a few days now, hanging out with friends and family, getting lots of great gifts, traveling into the city and having a few drinks and some laughs.

This photo of Bunny was taken with an Aboriginal dancer who was working with a didgeridoo player in Circular Quay, near the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. They were playing and dancing and Bunny and his friend were joining in, so the dancer called Bunny up for a photo. Bunny was very excited, and my friend bought their cd, which was a fusion of traditional Aboriginal didgeridoo playing and dance beats. Great stuff – very high energy.

I’ll be back on Tuesday with a new SHE-POWER Interview. It’s been awhile, but this will be worth the wait because it’s with everyone’s favorite teacher, Chris Austria of WatdaWat.

Until then, here’s a few more pics of what I’ve been doing and where I’ve been hanging out.

img_0236_1_5_1_1_1.JPG

We climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the first picture is the view towards the city. The second picture is MusicMan and Bunny with one of my closest friends and her son on the bridge walkway.

img_0241a_1_1_1_1.jpg

img_0333_1_1_1_1.JPG

We painted the back patio today and here is Bunny doing his bit.

img_0017a_1_1_1_1.jpg

Bunny always loves the playground (and a bit of face painting). The swings are his favorite. This is the playground near our local beach, which can be seen in the photo below. This photo was taken at dusk and if you look hard enough you’ll see tiny specks in the sky, which are the para gliders coming in to land in the park.

img_0393a_1_1_1_1.jpg

The photo below was taken on the small beach in our harbor. Bunny and I like it because we like to climb rocks and play in the rock pools, looking for shells and crabs (just looking!).

img_0358_1_1_1_1.JPG

So, this is some of what I’ve been up to. I’ll see you back here on Tuesday.

Kelly :)

1 Daniel Richard 10.20.08 at 1:35 am

Heya Kelly!

You are right about life being more fun than blogging (sometimes). Like myself, I’m into my final 2 months of work with my group of friends and I wanna end it happily. Which I had to make certain changes in my lifestyle to accomplish that, and that also means having to blog at a slower pace, without worrying about stats and all, staying focused on the results on ending the work on a high note. :)

That sure make life much more interesting and fun nowadays. I’m glad to find a good balance in it.

From the looks on the photos you have here, I’m sure you’re having lots of fun too! 😀

Daniel

Daniel Richard’s last blog post..11 Traits You Need To Getting Things Done With a BIGGER SMILE!

2 Cath Lawson 10.20.08 at 1:39 am

Hi Kelly – I’m glad you’ve been having a great time for your birthday. The pics are fab and your friend looks a lot like you. If you hadn’t said, I would have thought she was you.

Every time I see pics of Australia, I’m tempted more nd more in that direction.

Cath Lawson’s last blog post..6 Ways To Get Noticed Online

3 Evelyn Lim 10.20.08 at 2:06 am

Oh Wow, Kelly! Looks like you’ve been having an awesome time. I’d love to go back to Sydney one day for a visit!

Have fun and see you back Tuesday!

Evelyn Lim’s last blog post..Should The Poor Mexican Fisherman Give Up Contentment For Cash?

4 Vered - MomGrind 10.20.08 at 6:47 am

Glad you’re having a good time. I’m sure I’ll get to visit Sydney some day. See you on Tuesday. :)

Vered – MomGrind’s last blog post..I Love The Seventies: Unisex Lace Pants

5 Marelisa 10.20.08 at 11:28 am

Hi Kelly: It looks like you’ve been having a great time, I’m glad. I sooo want to go to Australia.

Marelisa’s last blog post..Increase Your Productivity by Learning to Manage Anger

6 Shamelle- TheEnhanceLife 10.20.08 at 2:16 pm

You guys seem to be having a fun time. I been reading your blog for sometime and I can honestly say that you deserve it.

7 Kelly 10.20.08 at 9:53 pm

@Daniel
Welcome to SHE-POWER and thanks for commenting. Glad to hear you have your perspective intact when it comes to blogging. What is stats when compared to real life friendships? Enjoy this time with your mates :)

Yes, she does look like me in some ways, particularly in photos. But in person, she’s a bit shorter and a couple of sizes smaller so the similarity is less noticeable. Really, I shouldn’t have such thin friends. Not good for my body image…

Yes, come back to Sydney for a visit! It’s always better when you know someone.

yes, been having a lovely time. And would be great if you could get to Sydney one day. Only problem is you might not want to leave…

And i want to go to Panama (it’s the only country in Central America I haven’t been to), so we should both take holidays :)

@Shamelle
Thank you. It;s nice to see you back here :)

8 Chris 10.21.08 at 1:46 am

I’ve been slow with posting also because life has been keeping me busy, in a good way. Sometimes it’s just more fun playing with the kids and my wife than caressing the keyboards.

Chris’s last blog post..How Much Do You Love Me?

9 Stacey / Create a Balance 10.21.08 at 6:05 am

Thanks for sharing. I miss Australia and love seeing your photos!

Stacey / Create a Balance’s last blog post..There’s Still Time to Join the Life Balance Group Writing Project

10 SpaceAgeSage -- Lori 10.21.08 at 8:31 am

Australia is calling to me!
Looks like great fun. I’m glad you get to enjoy your birthday time, family, and friends. Cheers!

SpaceAgeSage — Lori’s last blog post..Requesting help from my readers

11 Kelly 10.21.08 at 8:43 am

@Chris
Yes, it’s important to keep blogging in perspective, isn’t it? I enjoy this little world of mine, but there is a bigger one that also needs to be lived and cherished.

@Stacey
You’ve been to Australia? I didn’t know that. Where did you go?

@SpaceAgeSage
Lori, Australia calls to many people and is well worth a visit, though it does mean a mammoth plane ride.

12 Hillary Martin 10.21.08 at 4:13 pm

Nice blog, I love to see this kind of content, keep up the good work.

13 Robin 10.21.08 at 4:43 pm

Hi Kelly – looks like you have been having a fine old time. I really need to get away from my computer more, and get on with some other things I want to do. Here’s hoping I’ll find a way of making it all work together. See you!

Robin’s last blog post..Emotional Balance

14 kailani 10.22.08 at 5:12 pm

I don’t blame you. The weather over there looks too beautiful to be inside on a computer.

kailani’s last blog post..WW: Piano Recital

15 Barbara Swafford 10.22.08 at 5:49 pm

Hi Kelly – It looks like you’re all having a grand time. It’s better to see that than reading a blog post. Keep celebrating. You deserve it!

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..It’s All About Me – Part Two

16 J.D. Meier 10.23.08 at 1:12 pm

True dat! Looks like your living large. Life’s not a spectator’s sport, so have at it.

J.D. Meier’s last blog post..Training Mindset and Trusting Mindset

17 Harmony 10.23.08 at 4:03 pm

Kelly,
LIFE IS FOR LIVING! DON”T STOP.
Thanks for sharing your bright spots.

Harmony’s last blog post..Stop Thinking