The Generation Gap - A Weekend Funny

by Kelly on February 21, 2009 · 12 comments

in Humour

laughing-girlI haven’t posted a funny for awhile, so I thought I’d share something that got a laugh out of me this week. I think it’s pretty clever and very true.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you for another post on Monday.

The Silent Generation

People born before 1946.

The Baby Boomers

People born between 1947 and 1964.

Generation X

People born between 1965 and 1983.

Generation Y

People born between 1984 and 2002.

Why do we call the last one generation Y?

I don’t know, but a cartoonist explains it eloquently below…

generation-funny-cartoon

LOL…

This really hits home for me because before Bunny was born I was working as an ESL teacher. I taught international students from the ages of 15 and up. Most of my students were under the age of 25, and considering this generation’s preoccupation with low riding jeans, I saw a lot of butt crack in my teaching years!

Have a cracking weekend!

Kelly :)

Flickr photo by carf

1 Robin 02.21.09 at 2:17 pm

ha ha Kel - I just don’t get this fashion! Frank and I watch in astonishment as they walk by. You have a good weekend too - and see you next week

love R x

Robin’s last blog post..Finding Our True Selves

2 Evelyn Lim 02.21.09 at 2:19 pm

Thanks for the laugh!! I have not been able to understand the trend of the low riding jeans. It just seems to get lower and lower. I never look good in them. *Blush* It’s hard to have that taut waistline!!

Have a great weekend,
Evelyn

Evelyn Lim’s last blog post..Raising Kids, Removing Fear

3 Lance 02.21.09 at 10:35 pm

Okay, that WAS funny!! Here at our house - whenever our daughter gets a new pair of jeans, we have her sit down and we do the “butt test”. Usually, she fails (and has to return them for a different pair)…

Lance’s last blog post..Sometimes…Life Beats You Up

4 Vered - MomGrind 02.22.09 at 6:05 am

Haha thanks for the laugh. Butt cracks and even more so visible thong underwear riding up butt cracks are one of my fashion pet peeves.

Vered - MomGrind’s last blog post..The Joys Of Parenthood

5 BC Doan 02.22.09 at 11:45 am

I enjoy this! Thanks..and have a good weekend!!!

BC Doan’s last blog post..What Is Your Page Rank or Your Google Analytics Codes?

6 Jay 02.23.09 at 3:06 am

Hahaha! Yes, indeed..

One of my sons was into that fashion, and let me tell you it looks a little strange on one who is nearly six foot tall and built like a house. LOL!

7 Cath Lawson 02.23.09 at 9:52 am

Kelly - am LMAO at this. My daughter doesn’t find it so funny though - she says at least she’s not an oldie.

8 Alex Fayle | Someday Syndrome 02.23.09 at 4:14 pm

I one time asked a 17-year-old I did rock climbing with why he wore his pants like that and he said “because everyone else does and I’m a sheep.”

At least he was honest! ;)
Alex Fayle | Someday Syndrome’s last blog post..Does procrastination arouse you?

9 Barbara Swafford 02.24.09 at 6:12 pm

Hi Kelly - This is precious. I’m still laughing, and then when I read Alex’s comment, I laughed even more. …”I’m a sheep”. Sounds like an honest answer. :)
Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..Is Blogging A Hobby, A Time Suck, Or…

10 Chris 03.04.09 at 7:41 am

LOL!

Chris’s last blog post..His Moment

11 The Obaina 08.03.09 at 8:03 am

What is up with young men having their pants so low? Too much heaviness in their pockets? Perhaps we all should just pitch in and get them a belt. lol.
The Obaina´s last blog ..Obama’s Ghetto Boom Box My ComLuv Profile

12 david miller 02.04.14 at 8:09 am

LOL that is very funny indeed - my pants slip a bit but then I am following the 5:2 diet so I guess thats a good thing;-) As an ageing boomer though, nobody would mistake me for generation Y!