Quote of the Week - The Importance of Humor

by Kelly on August 28, 2009 · 11 comments

in Inspiration. Happiness. Self Improvement

picture-004a1

“Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.”

- Grenville Kleiser, Author

1 Robin 08.28.09 at 9:18 pm

Yes and it’s funny! - Hi Kel - great to see you back on the blog-along road.
Robin´s last blog ..Birds Returning, Returning Birds My ComLuv Profile

2 Vered - Blogger for Hire 08.29.09 at 2:13 am

Very true. I LOVE the photo!
Vered - Blogger for Hire´s last blog ..Visiting Vancouver My ComLuv Profile

3 Marelisa 08.29.09 at 8:02 am

Love the quote Kelly. Bynny’s smile is just like your. :-) Marelisa´s last blog ..Creativity Collage My ComLuv Profile

4 Evelyn Lim 08.29.09 at 12:39 pm

I find that some of the most enlightened teachers on this planet having the greatest sense of humor. Most certainly, it helps to have a light-hearted approach towards life.
Evelyn Lim´s last blog ..Create Powerfully In Pictures My ComLuv Profile

5 Roz Mitchell 08.29.09 at 1:00 pm

Yes we need to be able to laugh and certainly we need to be able to laugh at ourselves this is truley inspirational.
Roz (www.rozzenwordpress.com)

6 Roz Mitchell 08.29.09 at 1:02 pm

By the way I love this photo all pure love .
Roz

7 donna 08.31.09 at 11:51 am

Hi Kel,
I love the development of humour in small children, its great when they first start getting the idea and try it out on you.
Fantastic photo of you both.

8 Pamela Wilson 08.31.09 at 9:45 pm

Without humour we have only drudgery, seriousness, angst and woe…. you get enough of that on Coronation Street!
Pamela Wilson´s last blog ..Which publications will commission your work? My ComLuv Profile

9 Barbara Swafford 09.01.09 at 5:45 pm

What a gorgeous photo. The quote is a perfect match for it. Smiles abound. Laughter is good.
Barbara Swafford´s last blog ..Is Blogging Fullfilling Your Objective My ComLuv Profile

10 KRISHNA PAUL 09.01.09 at 11:20 pm

HMMMMMMM …. HUMOUR AND SPAM
TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE .. OR IS THIS THREE ?
NOW ARE WE TALKING HUMOUR OR ARE WE TALKING SATIRE,COS IN THESE ENLIGHTENED CONTEMPORARY TIMES WHAT PEOPLE SAY IS HUMOUR IS ACTUALLY SATIRE,WHICH IN THE HANDS OF AN UNSKILLED WIT JUST FALLS FLAT,WELL YOU KNOW LIKE FLY BLOWN SPAM … NOW REALLY THERE IS NOTHING MORE HORRID THEN AN IMAGE OR FOR THAT MATTER AN AROMA OF FLY BLOWN SPAM .. OH MY GRANNIE’S UNDIE’S,
AND OF COURSE THE EFFECT OF ILL CONCEIVED AND POORLY PRESENTED SATIRE IS JUST AS DESTRUCTIVE AS FLY BLOWN SPAM OR FOR THAT MATTER AN UNINVITED GUEST INTO ONE’S PERSONAL CYBER SPACE VIA A SPAM,ILL CONCEIVED,FLYBLOWN OR OTHERWISE.
BUTTTT!!!!!!! ON THE OTHER HAND GOOD OL’E DOWN TO EARTH , HOME GROWN HUMOUR,AAAHHH NOW THAT’S THE STUFF THAT GETS YOU BY WHEN IT IS ALL SEND AND DONE,LIFE LEAVES YOU BETWIXT ‘TWEEN BAD AND WORSE OF ALL WHEN YOUR FAVOURITE BUDGIE LANDS ON YOUR FAVOURITE BOWL AND SHATS IN YOUR PORRIDGE!
FIRST THING IN THE MORNING.
KRISHNA PAUL´s last blog ..Streaming through Life …….. My ComLuv Profile

11 mounir 01.16.10 at 8:51 pm

hi . in my idea i think that humour play a role verry importan in our lives .